Project Manager - Research & Development
This is a contract position expected to last 12 months.
Location: Onsite in San Diego
Pay rate: $72.00 - $92.00 per hour on 1099
40 hours per week
Neomorph is looking for an experienced Project Manager to help ensure alignment of projects with the organization's strategic direction and building synergies between projects. Key responsibilities include leading assigned project teams of medium size, moderately complex projects independently by utilizing project management best practices. This role ensures schedules, financials, scope, and performance requirements of the project are met. It includes management and communication of issues, risks, and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the biotech industry with extensive experience in project management.
- Be an integral active member of the project team(s) that contributes to strategy & forward planning and proactive in risk mitigation to reach key milestone achievements spanning early research to post IND activities.
- Ensures successful and efficient collaboration in a fast pace & dynamic start-up environment that triage multiple areas and but not limited to research, preclinical development, DMPK, toxicology, CMC, Regulatory, and Clinical Operations, Biometrics, and Medical Affairs/Safety.
- Facilitate effective cross-functional communication between internal and external SMEs, be adaptable in executing on decision-making activities that meet realistic timelines.
- Coordinate scheduling of multi-disciplinary teams, prepares agenda, maintains organization of information on secure data sharing platforms, and ensures timely follow-up on action items.
- Manages relationships with CROs, including RFP submissions, review contracts/WOs, study proposals, etc. and provide logistical/operational support to advance our pipeline projects.
- Effectively collect and integrate information to generate high-level and budgetary summaries for key stakeholders, ensures adequate resourcing to meet key deliverables, and is a proficient user in using Project Management tools.
- Perform responsibilities in compliance with standard Neomorph processes, policies and procedures.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in a clinical, biological or science-related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6 years of pre-clinical development and/or clinical research experience
- 3 years of project management experience, preferably with in biotech/pharma with experience from research to development candidacy and post-IND submission
- Experience in small molecule development
- PMP Certification strongly preferred
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.