Scientist I, Protein Purification and X-ray Crystallography
Our Ideal Candidate:
You are a skilled protein chemist and crystallographer experienced in all facets of the gene to structure pipeline. A highly organized, diligent, curious, scientist with demonstrated ability to clearly communicate ideas and results and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
The candidate will enable the discovery and rational, structure-driven design of Neomorph molecular glue platforms. Key responsibilities include construct design, expression, purification, characterization, crystallization, and troubleshooting of challenging, novel proteins for assay and x-ray crystallography.
- Recent PhD in Biochemistry, Structural Biology or related field, MS with 3+ years or BS with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Broad experience in recombinant protein expression construct design.
- Broad experience in the purification of proteins from multiple expression systems including insect cells and E. coli systems.
- Broad experience in protein purification using multiple affinity and separation techniques as well as expertise in AKTA FPLC purification systems.
- Experience with crystallization screening, crystal optimization and harvest.
- Experience with crystallization robotics instruments (e.g. SPT Labtech Mosquito; Formulatrix Formulator, Rock Imagers, RockMaker, NT8).
- Experience with X-ray data collection and structure solution desired (synchrotron data collection, CCP4i, Phenix).
- Experience with biophysical protein characterization techniques and proximity assays such as DSF, SPR, FP, AlphaScreen, and HTRF.
- Experience with fragment-based drug design.
- Experience working with large protein complexes in the context of Targeted Protein Degradation.
- Experience in high throughput protein expression, purification, and crystallization.
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of San Diego, CA is $102,000 - $117,000. Actual pay will be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Annual target bonus
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Company-paid external career development coaching program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monthly town halls to share business and scientific updates
Work Hard, Stay Well
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly Neomorph contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 holidays + Winter Shutdown + 3 weeks of vacation time with additional accruals after 2nd year of employment, separate sick leave.
- Supplemental pay for Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Paid Parental Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Volunteer days off each year to spend time contributing to causes you care about
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to onsite gym
- Casual work environment
- Secure space to store your bicycle or surfboard
We believe in work/life balance and Fun is at the core of our Core Values. In addition to weekly happy hours, we have regular company-wide and department lunches and social events (ie Padres games, summer picnic, holiday party, bring your kids to work day).
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.