Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
Who we're looking for:
You are a highly collaborative, talented, and motivated synthetic chemist with a strong understanding of modern organic synthetic methods. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and are looking for an opportunity to work alongside leaders in the field of targeted protein degradation, where you are empowered to enable drug discovery programs and explore new aspects of this compelling science.
Role and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate proficiency in synthetic chemistry and maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory
- Design and execute clear synthetic routes using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies
- Perform independent experimental troubleshooting
- Collaboratively design compounds to address medicinal chemistry challenges
- Keep an organized and well-written electronic laboratory notebook
- Assist in preparing patent applications
- Work within laboratory safety policies and practices
- Clearly and effectively communicate ideas and results (both verbally and in writing)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills:
- Design clear synthetic routes to target molecules
- Execute challenging, multi-step chemistry experiments
- Demonstrate deep understanding of his/her own discipline and read relevant scientific literature
- Display proven productivity in the laboratory
- Clear understanding of SAR and basic understanding of the biological data
- Demonstrates effective communication skills, especially in peer-directed presentations
- MS in chemistry or related science and 5+ years of relevant employment experience, or BS in chemistry or related science and 8+ years of relevant employment experience
- Broad knowledge of modern organic synthetic methods, purification, and analytical techniques
- Excellent communication skills
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of San Diego, CA is $105,000 - $135,000. Actual pay will be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Annual target bonus
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Company-paid external career development coaching program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monthly town halls to share business and scientific updates
Work Hard, Stay Well
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly Neomorph contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 holidays + Winter Shutdown + 3 weeks of vacation time with additional accruals after 2nd year of employment, separate sick leave.
- Supplemental pay for Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Paid Parental Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Volunteer days off each year to spend time contributing to causes you care about
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to onsite gym
- Casual work environment
- Secure space to store your bicycle or surfboard
We believe in work/life balance and Fun is at the core of our Core Values. In addition to weekly happy hours, we have regular company-wide and department lunches and social events (ie Padres games, summer picnic, holiday party, bring your kids to work day).
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.