Scientist II, Medicinal Chemistry
Who we’re looking for:
You are a highly collaborative, talented and motivated medicinal chemist, with scientific leadership skills and a strong understanding of modern organic synthetic methods. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and are looking for an opportunity to work alongside leaders in the field of targeted protein degradation, where you are empowered to enable drug discovery programs and explore new aspects of this compelling science.
Role and responsibilities:
Demonstrate expertise in both synthetic and medicinal chemistry to drive projects from inception, through hit finding and lead optimization, to candidate selection and clinical development.
- Strong laboratory presence- leading from the bench.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within an internal drug discovery team spanning chemistry, biology, pharmacology, analytical sciences, DMPK and toxicology. There will be opportunities to lead chemistry efforts within such a multi-disciplinary team.
- Managing external research efforts for contract research organizations.
- Invent proprietary technologies and assist in preparing patent applications and publications.
- Work within laboratory safety policies and practices.
- BS in synthetic organic chemistry with 8+ years of relevant experience, MS with 5+ years or PhD with 2+ years relevant experience.
- A track-record of impacting drug discovery programs through driving projects to key decision points.
- In depth knowledge of modern organic synthetic methods, purification and analytical techniques as well as medicinal chemistry.
- The preferred candidate will have an established interest and passion for new modalities and targeted protein degradation, ideally with direct experience in the field.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in mentoring less experienced scientists
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of San Diego, CA is $110,000 - $133,000. Actual pay will be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Annual target bonus
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Company-paid external career development coaching program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monthly town halls to share business and scientific updates
Work Hard, Stay Well
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly Neomorph contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 holidays + Winter Shutdown + 3 weeks of vacation time with additional accruals after 2nd year of employment, separate sick leave.
- Supplemental pay for Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Paid Parental Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Volunteer days off each year to spend time contributing to causes you care about
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to onsite gym
- Casual work environment
- Secure space to store your bicycle or surfboard
We believe in work/life balance and Fun is at the core of our Core Values. In addition to weekly happy hours, we have regular company-wide and department lunches and social events (ie Padres games, summer picnic, holiday party, bring your kids to work day).
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.