Scientist II, Medicinal Chemistry
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Who we’re looking for:
You are a highly collaborative, talented and motivated medicinal chemist, with scientific leadership skills and a strong understanding of modern organic synthetic methods. You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and are looking for an opportunity to work alongside leaders in the field of targeted protein degradation, where you are empowered to enable drug discovery programs and explore new aspects of this compelling science.
Role and responsibilities:
Demonstrate expertise in both synthetic and medicinal chemistry to drive projects from inception, through hit finding and lead optimization, to candidate selection and clinical development.
- Strong laboratory presence- leading from the bench.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively within an internal drug discovery team spanning chemistry, biology, pharmacology, analytical sciences, DMPK and toxicology. There will be opportunities to lead chemistry efforts within such a multi-disciplinary team.
- Managing external research efforts for contract research organizations.
- Invent proprietary technologies and assist in preparing patent applications and publications.
- Work within laboratory safety policies and practices.
- BS in synthetic organic chemistry with 8+ years of relevant experience, MS with 5+ years or PhD with 2+ years relevant experience.
- A track-record of impacting drug discovery programs through driving projects to key decision points.
- In depth knowledge of modern organic synthetic methods, purification and analytical techniques as well as medicinal chemistry.
- The preferred candidate will have an established interest and passion for new modalities and targeted protein degradation, ideally with direct experience in the field.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in mentoring less experienced scientists
What we offer:
All of our full-time associates receive:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program
- Ownership in Neomorph - equity in the form of stock options
- 401K plan
- Free Career Development coaching program through LeggUp
Work Hard, Stay Well
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly Neomorph contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 holidays + Winter Shutdown + 3 weeks of vacation time with additional accruals after 2nd year of employment
- Paid Parental Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Regular happy hours/social events
- Company-wide events like a day at the Padres, bike to work day, annual summer picnic, holiday party and bring your kids to work day
- 2 Volunteer days off each year to spend time contributing to causes you care about
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to onsite gym
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.