Senior Scientist, Immunology
- Support preclinical discovery and characterization of small molecule drugs leading to a portfolio of projects in the protein degradation space
- Plan, implement, and manage internal and external resources for the advancement of projects
- Communicates science and strategy effectively in a variety of internal and external settings
- Provide immunology expertise and enable projects geared toward autoimmunity, inflammation, allergy, and immuno-oncology
- PhD in Immunology or related field with 5+ years, MS with 8+ years or BS with 11+ years of relevant experience
- Strong molecular and cell biology skills; experience in primary immune cell assays and flow cytometry
- Experience in advancing drug discovery projects from target identification to clinical candidate as part of multidisciplinary team
- Experience in supporting drug discovery teams with timely and robust data packages
- Excellent capabilities in critical thinking and problem solving; able to independently design and efficiently execute experiments in the lab; capable of delivering high quality data in a timely manner
- Ability to follow novel scientific or technological developments and to implement them in the laboratory
- Experience with CRISPR based technologies and cloning to interrogate targets and biological pathways
- Experience with immunology disease models and in vivo/ex vivo assessment of immune cell function, experience in additional disease areas is valuable
- Capable of leading yet willing to support teams
The expected salary range for this position based on the primary location of San Diego, CA is $126,000 - $148,000. Actual pay will be determined based on candidate experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
What we offer:
- Industry competitive compensation
- Annual target bonus
- Stock options
- 401K plan
- Company-paid external career development coaching program
- Career advancement opportunities
- Monthly town halls to share business and scientific updates
Work Hard, Stay Well
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans for employees and their dependents
- Health and Dependent Care FSA and HSA Plan with monthly Neomorph contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 holidays + Winter Shutdown + 3 weeks of vacation time with additional accruals after 2nd year of employment, separate sick leave.
- Supplemental pay for Pregnancy Disability Leave
- Paid Parental Leave for employees with a newborn child or a child placed with them for adoption or foster care
- Volunteer days off each year to spend time contributing to causes you care about
- Flexible work schedule
- Access to onsite gym
- Casual work environment
- Secure space to store your bicycle or surfboard
We believe in work/life balance and Fun is at the core of our Core Values. In addition to weekly happy hours, we have regular company-wide and department lunches and social events (ie Padres games, summer picnic, holiday party, bring your kids to work day).
Neomorph is a venture backed biotechnology company solving critical problems in human health through the discovery and development of innovative new medicines against ‘undruggable targets’. Our team is comprised of industry leading experts in protein degradation and molecular glues who have a track record of ground-breaking discoveries in the field. We are committed to leadership in advancing the science and technology of molecular glue drug discovery, while prosecuting a pipeline of projects through clinical development. Our patient-first, science-driven approach is complemented by our dedication to a supportive and collaborative work environment.
Neomorph is headquartered in San Diego, California, and has a key collaboration with the Center for Protein Degradation at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute.
Neomorph is committed to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.